Our Motorsport & Automotive Client has a new opportunity for a Buyer to join a small dynamic Procurement team located in Thetford, Norfolk.
Our client is a Global Supplier of Engineering Components, Systems and services to major Race Teams, OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers.
You will hold least 3 years' experience working in procurement environment in the automotive sector with excellent knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown.
The buyer will be responsible for Sourcing, negotiating and procurement of goods and services to ensure that major project requirements are met taking into account, price, quality and delivery.
These activates will be undertaken in conjunction with development and maintenance of a project Bills-of-Materials, tooling requirements and associated 3rd party services, including Full Service Supply (FSS) engineering contracts.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant engineering and program departments
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Identify and evaluate supply chain risk whilst developing robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary.
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make project savings utilising - negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers and prepare supplier nominations, taking into consideration the commercial constraints relating to the relevant project.
Office environment; 15% travel required to customer offices, production locations, supplier production locations, etc.
- While working in production environments, the colleague may be exposed to machinery, moving equipment and material, moderate noise, airborne particles, fumes and various levels of temperature created by the manufacturing process.
If your looking for a new challenge this could be your next role, you will be given the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting Niche Projects in the Motorsport & automotive industry.