Our client is an advanced materials technology company, specialising in the design, development test and manufacture of metal matrix composite components for aerospace, high-end niche automotive, defence, industrial process and high-end consumer applications.
Due to the Company’s rapidly expanding customer base they are seeking a Programme Manager to lead their commercial sales contracts and funded projects.
This position requires a person with strong project management capabilities, ideally obtained in an engineering or manufacturing environment.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day to day management and delivery of engineering projects, in support of the designated Technical Lead. You will be responsible for liaison with partners and customers, monitoring timing and expenditure and preparing project reporting information.
Projects may be collaborative, involving a number of companies, academic institutions and government agencies. You will be involved in the assessment and control of overall project workload within the business, identifying and assigning priorities in collaboration with management.
The job function will generally be based at the Company’s offices in Basingstoke, but the role will include travel to clients’ premises, either in the UK or overseas. Salary
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting management in the preparation and negotiation of project proposals.
- Ensuring that project delivery remains on schedule in terms of timing, budget, forecasting and technical deliverables, identifying and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Preparing and delivering project presentations and reports, as required.
- Devising and implementing new project management tools and metrics to improve monitoring and control capabilities
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Degree in engineering or business discipline.
- Strong office software skills, including Word, Excel and especially Microsoft Project, or equivalent.
- Must have Project management experience in a similar position in Engineering or Manufacturing industries