12 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Circa 50 - 60k
Production Manager - Fiber
Our high technology client in Southampton are seeking a good Production Manager from a mid-high-volume manufacturing industry with strong lean manufacturing experience. They require someone with an ability to demonstrate an understanding of technology/engineering to adapt to being a Production Manager of the Fiber Manufacturing side of their business; which involves chemical processing (this will be trained).
The role has 12 reports across 2 shifts of which there are 2 Cell Leaders (one for each shift) whom help manage the team of which you are responsible for all.
• Provide strategic leadership to achieve key operational objectives in safety, quality, environmental compliance, reliability, production, and cost, in support of our global customer base.
• Lead the Fiber team in a fast-paced high energy environment and demonstrate a sense of urgency to take total ownership for all demands of the fiber production area. Be the first line of communication in dealing with all fiber related departmental enquiries, queries and escalations.
• Deliver/exceed the planned departmental metrics, identify future capacity requirements and take full ownership to find resolution.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Fiber production and departmental management
• Safety & Housekeeping - Ensure the Fiber Production area runs safely
• Set, communicate and ensure departmental goals & objectives are met and exceeded safely. Challenge the existing KPI’s and develop new KPI’s to include, but not be limited to, fiber that is supplied to third party businesses.
• Clearly set and manage expectations for all reports, meeting and surpassing established fiber and departmental goals and objectives.
• Train, develop and manage all Fiber Production personnel.
• Monitor and manage the fiber quality through all build stages to ensure the highest sustained fiber yield.
• Identify and project manage programs to enhance quality, capacity increases/decreases or technical improvements and sustain supply on an agile footing.
• Lead and be able to raise Capex documentation to support capital development needs specific to fiber improvements or initiatives both inside local production operations and with Group as necessary.
• Maintain routine communications with all stakeholders within the company, including R&D, Procurement, Logistics, Finance, HR, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Customer & Internal Relationships
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with all levels of teams through the business.
• Be accountable for performance against KPI’s and review weekly with the relevant managers.
• Handle ad-hoc Fiber Production demand issues efficiently and effectively.
• Internal: Heads of Departments; Planning, Engineering, Operations, shipping, IT, Finance, supply chain.
• The successful candidate will ideally have experience as a Production Manager in a mid-high volume, lean manufacturing environment.
• Experience of fibre or chemical processing would be helpful but is not essential, although the ability to demonstrate an understanding of technology/engineering is required.
• Broad knowledge of the entire Operations Chain with ideally a minimum of 5 years Manufacturing experience.
• Track record of clear man management regarding individuals and teams.
• Experience of working closely with commercial functions is preferred but not essential.
• Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially excel
• Ideally a degree in an Engineering / Science / Manufacturing discipline.
• Lean manufacturing experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with external customers, suppliers and staff at all levels.
• Driven, assertive and demonstrates a strong proactive growth mind set.
• Capable of discussing and assisting with the resolution of complex issues with a strong analytical approach.
• Strong man management and coaching skills.
• Demonstrates the resilience to work in a dynamic environment and is adaptable to changes in priorities
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Thorough attention to detail
• Innovative and proactive self-starter
• Possess a structured and methodical ability to organize themselves
• Able to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Able to work under pressure
• Ability to handle multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for my review and consideration and I will come back to you.