Leading engineering business is seeking a proven Production Manager for an important part of their performance product division. This role is a key role in supporting the business unit, in the supply of the products to exacting requirements of internal quality standards and customer’s.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to apply their extensive production management experience and knowledge in a dynamic hands-on manufacturing environment, producing a world class product.
My client supplies’ performance products which includes engines and transmissions for a range of sports and super cars from its Shoreham Technical Centre in West Sussex. The engine has also won the prestigious ‘Engine of the Year’ award in its class in 3 consecutive years.
• Experienced manufacturing manager (automotive assembly and or engine experience preferred but not essential). More important is proven experience gained in precision engineering manufacturing.
• Proven leader with strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and with customers and suppliers.
• Proven experience of working with and implementing lean manufacturing principles.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Good understanding of MRP systems (Infor Baan preferable but not essential).
Qualifications, Training, Knowledge and Experience expected:
• Degree, HNC or equivalent with engineering/manufacturing content.
• Automotive and assembly experience an advantage but not essential
• Good working knowledge of lean manufacturing
• Full UK driving licence