|Job Title:||Production Manager|
|Contact Name:||Gemma Feist|
|Job Published:||May 20, 2021 11:10|
£50,000 - £55,000
Our high technology client based in Warwickshire are seeking a Production Manager on a permanent basis to help them manage their 60 strong production team with the support of the Cell Leaders.
This would suit someone from another lean manufacturing environment such as the automotive industry. You need experience of implementing lean processes and improvements coupled with strong people management experience; supporting the cell leaders with volume component manufacturing.
Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the primary focus of the role will be to lead and manage a team of up to 60 staff, organised in several cells to meet customer demand. We are a lean manufacturing organisation with ongoing plans to implement “lean” concepts in all functions. The Production Manager is responsible for organising the lean production of a range of products within a culture of continuous improvement, having access to a wide variety of training, tools/methods and support within a highly open and receptive organisation, to develop their processes and demonstrate tangible business improvements.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Ensuring work is carried out in a safe manner at all times, the relevant risk assessments are up-to-date, fully understood by the whole team and all the control measures are adhered to. Ensure that any incidents or near misses are reported accurately, investigated and corrective actions are complete in a timely manner.
• Organise the team to consistently meet output requirements; taking timely remedial action where appropriate. Ensure the weekly / daily / hourly output requirements are understood by the whole team.
• Planning the capacity against customer forecast demand and effectively managing this capacity against actual demand. Maintain and improve productivity.
• Establishing lean strategies to improve the delivery on time, labour efficiency, lead times, establishing flow, pull and takt throughout the department.
• Working with engineering on new product introductions, effectively managing through the development, prototype and production cycles.
• Eliminate waste and introduce lean principles to ensure focus on value adding activities in the business processes.
• Driving continuous improvement through the use of key metrics.
• Ensure the department is tidy and well organised at all times, using 5S principles.
• Scheduling of holidays and other planned absences, reacting to unplanned absences, arranging training where required and rotation of staff to keep skill fresh and retain flexibility. Work closely with cell leaders to maintain training records and plans.
• Ensure Quality standards are maintained. Identifying and arranging retraining where required. Ensuring that documentation is current and adhered to. Working with manufacturing engineering to correct and improve manufacturing documentation.
• Working closely with the cell leaders to monitor individual performance. Resolve any problems in a timely manner; highlight gifted employees and exceptional performance. Coach, support and assist the cell leaders with appraisals of cell members.
• Likely to be an experienced production professional leading a team in a manufacturing environment
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a production environment. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, ideally including electronic assembly and/or optical fibre handling.
• IT literate, strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• A sound business finance awareness
• The successful candidate should be able to look beyond current processes and bring benefit through alternative experience
• A comprehensive understanding of lean manufacturing
• A proven ability to coach, teach and develop staff.
• Likely to have formal team leader/ supervisory qualifications.
• Technical or business qualification at degree or HNC level an advantage.
• Demonstrates resilience and initiative, is driven to meet targets and commitments
• Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing with the ability to discuss complex issues with staff at all levels.
• Self-motivated, able to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to foster a respectful, fair and consistent environment, leading by example.
• Can demonstrate team and individual development skills, including coaching, with an open and supporting approach.
• Able to work with internal cross functional teams.
• Adaptable, able to multi task in a change-oriented environment
• Creative and innovative, seeking ways to continuously improve processes and create a problem-solving culture.
• Thorough attention to detail
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's