10 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Circa £50k + Benefits
Circa £50,000 + Nice Benefits package
This is a great chance to join a successful and expanding design and manufacturing company based near Southampton. We are ideally looking for an experienced Production Manager who has a background in optical fibers, lasers, physics, electro-mechanical box build or electronics pcb technology, set to the tune of medium-high volume manufacturing. We are particularly interested in leaders who have used and implemented lean manufacturing methodologies.
You’ll be managing a production team of around 12 people which is run over two shifts, with Cell Leaders running each shift. There is a significant and exciting transformation occurring as there is a need to increase the production capacity, and so investment in new capital equipment is underway to enable this increase in output.
The role will be responsible for the actual manufacture of optical fiber, so you will ideally need to have an understanding of how fiber is made or at least the science that goes in to it. This position will be responsible for turning glass rods into spools of fiber.
• The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a Fiber related role within a Lean manufacturing environment
• Broad knowledge of the entire Operations Chain with a minimum of 5 years Manufacturing experience
• Track record of clear man management regarding individuals and teams
• Experience of working closely with commercial functions
• Proficient in the use of MS Office, especially Excel
• Ideally a degree in an Engineering / Science / Manufacturing discipline
• Lean manufacturing experience / qualification of relevance
This role demands excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate with external customers, suppliers and staff at all levels. We are looking for a driven, assertive individual who can demonstrates a strong proactive growth mind set. You’ll likely be personable, interested in modern technology and looking for a new challenge.
This position is more likely to suit someone from a small to medium size business where they are used to a fast pace, always making improvements and changes.
• 25 Days Holiday allowance
• Pension Plan
• LA x4
• Health Insurance
• Health care Scheme