Production Engineering Manager - Automotive
|Job Title:||Production Engineering Manager - Automotive|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2019 12:31|
Our client are a global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems.
We are currently seeking a Production Engineering Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will lead and manage the Production Engineering team on a daily basis to develop, improve and maintain all equipment and processes involved at plant, and work within the Production Engineering department to support and facilitate the introduction of new products, equipment and the processes into the plant by achieving the Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Moral (QCDSM).
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, proactive, results oriented individual with the ability to work to tight deadlines. You must possess excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to ensure success. This is a hands on, strategically focused role ensuring operational realisation is achieved. The successful candidate must be used to working within a fast paced manufacturing environment and operating to the highest standard. You must have strong numerical and analytical skills as well as prioritising capabilities with the ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) generation to ensure relevant controls are adopted for all manufacturing processes.
• Support all Quality Response to Quality Control (QRQC) activities.
• Statistical evaluation where applicable on parts or components manufactured from process and the equipment used.
• Adopt, install and integrate Global Best practice into all processes and equipment at MLUK.
• Provide technical standard, development and roll out.
• Delivery of Contract, gap closure management and ensuring Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are achieved.
• Capex budget creation and management (record and monitor).
• Participate in cost reduction improvement activities (MTCR, BEST).
• Reference latest health and safety regulations and environmental guidelines to relevant machines and tooling specifications (must keep up to date knowledge of relevant regulations/guidelines).
• Knowledge and practice of PUWER 98.
• Knowledge and practice of Conforming to European (CE) standards.
• Knowledge and practice of equipment risk assessments for all new processes.
• Specification creation for machines and equipment.
Your profile / key skills;
• Demonstrated experience within a similar role preferably in the automotive industry.
• Have excellent computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to lead by example and coach all team members.
• Strong capability of root cause analysis and problem solving using engineering tools and techniques.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Budget management experience.
• Continuous improvement attitude.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's