Our Automotive client are looking to recruit a Production Engineer in Llanelli, South Wales. They are a leading Global Manufacturing Company, supplying products to a number of OEM Automotive Customers. With more than 70 Manufacturing & development centres spanning several continents with a desire to provide world-class automotive components, they are leaders in innovation.
To contribute to the successful development and introduction of New Products into the business. Reporting to the Plant Engineering Manager through the Product Lead engineer, you will be part of a team of engineers responsible for delivering projects to contract value.
• Meet timing and cost targets for all New Product Launches (NPL). Monitor, report and ensure all costs are within budget.
• Liaise with both Customer and Suppliers on cost and technical items. Support all project estimates and planning.
• Ensure all processes meet capability targets and scrap levels as defined by the project charter.
• Ensure technical reports are produced for all pre-production builds as defined by the Product Lead Engineer.
• Provide relevant training to all Manufacturing personnel in line with New Projects implemented.
• Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out for all equipment.
• Coordinate parts supply and builds (internal / customer), and produce Build Reports. Coordinate equipment / tooling delivery.
• Formulate Build Plans and update bi-weekly. Plan and organise internal meetings.
• Experience in engineering functions within the Automotive Industry.
• Heat Exchange manufacturing experience is desirable.
• A team player.
• Robust process design ensuring Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) creation and Poka-Yoke implementation.
• Design, develop and implement appropriate test, assembly and automation solutions to enable successful NPL launches to meet quality, capacity and cost objectives.
• Experienced in modern assembly and Automation techniques. Experienced in Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Experience with a Project Management Methodology.