Production Engineer - Automotive
|Job Title:||Production Engineer - Automotive|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||September 10, 2018 16:31|
Our client are a global manufacturing company supplying products to automotive OEM customers from more than 70 manufacturing facilities spanning several continents. Their product line includes Climate, Exhaust, Heat Exchange, Interior and Electronic Systems. We are looking to recruit a Production Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. As a Production Engineer, you will contribute to the successful development and introduction of New Products into the business. You will report to the Plant Engineering Manager through the Product Lead Engineer, and will be part of a team of engineers responsible for delivering projects to contract value.
• Meet timing and cost targets for all New Product Launches (NPL).
• Monitor, report and ensure all costs are within budget.
• Liaise with both Customer and Suppliers on cost and technical items.
• Support all project estimates and planning.
• Ensure all processes meet capability targets and scrap levels as defined by the project charter.
• Ensure technical reports are produced for all pre-production builds as defined by the Product Lead Engineer.
• Provide relevant training to all Manufacturing personnel in line with New Projects implemented.
• Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out for all equipment.
• Coordinate parts supply and builds (internal/customer) and produce Build Reports.
• Experience in engineering functions within the Automotive Industry.
• Heat Exchange manufacturing experience is desirable.
• Robust process design ensuring Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA) creation and Poka-Yoke implementation.
• Design, develop and implement appropriate test, assembly and automation solutions to enable successful NPL launches to meet quality, capacity and cost objectives.
• Experienced in modern assembly and Automation techniques.
• Experienced in Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Experienced with a Project Management Methodology.
• Overseas travel required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Mechanical Design Engineer
£40,000 - £50,000
Principal Powertrain Engineer
£55,000 - £70,000
CAD Engineer - Body Structures
Senior Engineer - Chassis Current Engineering
Contract or Perm roles avaialble
Senior Engineer - Vehicle Dynamics (3rd Party Projects)
Circa 40 - 50k plus bens