|Job Title:||Production Engineer|
|Salary:||£30-40k + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||December 12, 2019 09:20|
We are looking to recruit a Production Engineer to provide Value Stream support for all production engineering activities within the company and drive continuous improvements projects.
Over the past few years, the company has invested in moving and modernising its manufacturing capabilities in pursuit of technical excellence and as a result, they now have one of the most advanced Machine Shops in the South-East.
Typically you will be doing things like promoting engineering best practice, taking ownership of the value stream KPI’s, leading problem solving and continuous improvement activities as well as supporting new product introduction and new equipment/process introduction.
This is a varied role and it will also involve other Production activities such as defining, developing and maintaining processes, equipment and tooling. This could include designing jigs, tools and fixtures as well as diagnosing or programming PLC’s.
Some of the time you’ll be collecting and analysing data for continuous improvements. You’ll also take the lead and conduct problem solving activities, new product and process introductions, as well as creating proposals for new cell layouts or re-layouts where required.
To apply we are ideally looking for the following knowledge & experience:
• Degree qualification in Industrial Engineering or an Advanced Level Apprenticeship
• The ability to drive improvements in a manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of manufacturing best practice including lean, six sigma, 5s and FMEA
• A background within mechanical, electronics/electrical, production or manufacturing engineering
• Previous experience of designing tooling and fixturing
• Highly computer literate – MS Office, Cad, Pro Engineer
• PLC & Software programming/diagnosing experience is desirable
This position would suit a customer focused Engineer who is able to provide a pragmatic and responsive service. You’ll need a proactive and flexible approach, be data driven, take a hands on approach and have strong analytical skills. We are looking for structured, experienced problem-solver who can communicate clearly with others and be approachable, with the ability to build credible relationships with all levels within the organisation.
Working hours : Mon – Thurs: 7:30am – 16:15pm & Fri: 7:30am – 12:30pm
• Discretionary Production Bonus
• 25 Days holiday
• Pension Scheme
• Life Insurance Scheme
• Long Service Awards
• Managed Canteen facility
• Free parking, workwear, eye tests, cycle to work scheme
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's