Our client provides engineering and product development services to race teams and OEM’s around the world. They have established a strong relationship with key international Motorsports organizations and are also a leading contract engineering and vehicle development resource to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers.
A new opportunity has arisen for a Production Engineer with a range of skills to join the growing team.
You will work closely with components manufactured for niche Vehicles, improving manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements and equipment layout. Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, establishing standards and confirming to manufacturing processes.
The successful individual will hold a minimum of 5 years' experience working in production environment within the automotive sector with good knowledge of production management techniques; Kaizen, make/buy decision making and tooling considerations.
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors and operatives
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by seeking process specific advice and guidance.
- Creates and manages plans to keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintain product and process data base and reporting accordingly.
-Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Investigation and problem solving of production issues and making improvements to current operations to enhance efficiency
Get in touch today for further information