Global Automotive & Motorsport Supplier located in Thetford is recruiting a new Production Coordinator on a permanent basis.
You will coordinate a multitude of varying projects through to completion, using available resource both internally and externally.
You will be responsible for the methodical planning, coordinating and controlling of activities along the production process. This will includes scheduling the production of various components for customers and internal requirements are met.
You must hold previous production / manufacturing planning experience within a complex production / manufacturing environment, ideally automotive, but this isn't essential.
You'll hold production scheduling experience, be able to produce KPI reports for on key targets and work at pace & multitask / prioritise workloads.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Within the Production office you will liaise with departmental heads to ensure effective and efficient stock control for production and delivery requirements.
- Create and maintain Bill of Materials (B.O.M’S) for traceability of components towards successful project kit completion
- Monitor Raw material availability, and coordinating with suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply
- Negotiate with suppliers / vendors for external purchasing to ensure all spending is in budget
- Organize and monitor Production schedules for timely completion of projects
- Participate in Production meetings reporting on deficiencies and actions.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (TS 16949).
The hiring manager is ideally looking for a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar Production planning or coordinating role.
Further experience required
- Advanced Excel user (Formulas, VLookup, data manipulation etc.)
- MRP experience
- Understanding of Manufacturing Process.
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings
- Education to ‘A’ Level or equivalent
You must be a strong communicator at all levels, both face to face & over the telephone / email.
If you feel your experience matches the requirements of this new job opportunity, get in touch to discuss further