DRIVING THE FUTURE OF ELECTRIC VEHICLES- Our client is the world leader of in-wheel motors for passenger cars, light commercial vehicles and future transport solutions.The company has developed an in-wheel, electric-drive system for hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and battery electric vehicles
Our client is an Automotive Technology firm with over 100 talented people globally. Their mission is to drive sustainable transport through innovation, and are the
imagination behind vehicles that travel further, perform better and use fewer components.
A new role has arisen for a Product Validation Technician to join the Test & Validation team on a permanent basis.
The Product Validation Technician will support the development and testing of innovative in-wheel motor technology.
The position is ‘hands on’, completing product validation and verification tests on the in-wheel motor. Tasks include building and setting up test equipment, carrying out product testing, and producing the necessary reports and documentation.
This role reports to the Product Validation Manager and is based in Farnham, Surrey with occasional requirement for national and international travel.
- Completing all types of testing, including performance and function, electrical,environmental and life
- Setting up tests including designing and building test jigs and fixtures, metal and plastic work, wiring and soldering
- Working closely with other internal departments to define required tests and report onstatus of testing
- Liaising and working with external test houses and certification bodies
- Generating test documentation including test reports and specifications
- Specifying and procuring test equipment and components
- Maintaining a safe and tidy working environment at all time
You must hold experience as an electro-mechanical technician in an R&D laboratory or product development environment.
Equally you'll hold the following experience;
- Working to test procedures and generating test reports
- Soldering and wiring
- Using lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, current clamps, data loggers
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent in a Science or Engineering related subject
- Experience working in an environment with hazardous voltages
- Experience working in an automotive environment