This is a newly created opportunity for a Product Manager who has a background in software development and enjoys working with R&D Engineers on high end, premium technology products.
Working in a dedicated Product Management team you’ll be responsible for cascading the product brief into engineering objectives, attribute targets and ensure the product meets them. You’ll be working closely with a team of software engineers who are based across the UK. Outside of this, you’ll be engaging with a range of stakeholders to help develop robust specifications for world class products.
This is a super busy position and products are usually launched within 12 months. The key traits of successful Product Managers are self-confidence, decision making, open communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to multitask.
This opportunity would suit a Product Manager who has a strong background and understanding of software development from within an Agile environment. You may have worked as a Software Engineer, Business Analyst or Product Owner and see yourself as a Product Manager - the client is open to this so long as you can demonstrate the other non-technical attributes.
The company has a fairly flat structure and collaboration is at the core of their beliefs. If you like working on your own and to rigid processes then this probably isn’t for you. This is a dynamic, fast moving and demanding environment - yet incredibly rewarding at the same time.
Engineering or science undergraduate degrees are preferred as are post-graduate business qualifications, however these aren’t essential if you have the right experience and can demonstrate a successful track record.
• Experience of embedded software, mobile applications and cloud infrastructure, plus familiarity with software best practices
• Product development and approval processes / project management toolsets
• Excellent working understanding of Agile software development methodologies
• Familiarity with typical toolsets, e.g. JIRA, Confluence
• At least a basic understanding of waterfall / gateway hardware development methodologies
• Product specification and performance standards for connected hardware products
• The ability to write user stories and acceptance criteria using a BDD approach
• Exposure to managing/directing offshore or remote teams of software developers
At some point in the future you may be expected to travel to the Far East, US & Europe, so you’ll need to be culturally adept and happy to travel on occasion.
Flexibility on working hours will also be necessary, but remote working is available.
This would suit either a Product Owner or Product Manager who has been working for a company developing products for a smart home environment. A passion for music or audio products would be extremely beneficial.
Benefits package includes:
• 25 Days + Bank Holidays
• Pension (5% employee, 5% employer)
• Life assurance
• Discounted products
• Free food