This Product Manager opportunity is a new role, created to ensure that the company will continue to meet the needs of their customers whilst maximising the profits of the company. You’ll achieve this by gathering and prioritising product and customer requirements, setting a product vision and strategy, and then working with engineering, sales and operations to introduce new products that make a difference.
The Product Manager is responsible for developing and delivering the product roadmap for their range of sample preparation products, including Sputter Coaters, Cryo Transfer systems and stages, Critical Point Dryers, Freeze Dryers and Plasma Ashers. As such, the role requires a deep understanding of electron microscope applications, sample preparation techniques and competing products, as well as experience in market research and new product development.
As most of their revenues come from outside the UK, establishing close relationships with key customers and OEMs in the US, Europe and Asia will be key to the success of this position. Therefore, the role will require significant amounts of overseas travel, at least one week per month, possibly more.
Market Research, developing the Product Roadmap & translating business opportunities into actionable business cases will also be part of your remit.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Relevant Degree in Engineering, Marketing or equivalent practical experience
• Experience of Electron Microscopes and related sample preparation equipment is essential
• Proven product marketing experience in electron microscopy, vacuum equipment, scientific instrumentation, medical devices, diagnostics, laboratory, or similar R&D environment is required
• Knowledge of and the ability to implement a wide range of quantitative, qualitative and desk-based techniques for market research
• Data management and computational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English
• Familiarity with building and analysing business cases
• Strong project management skills (methodology, tools and reporting)
• Experience taking products from the beginning of the new product development process through to commercial release
• Strong time management and prioritization capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to influence others without having direct authority.
• Valid driving licence and passport required - Travel around 25%
• Experience in market research in Asian markets would be a significant advantage.