Our Lasers design and manufacturing client based in Southampton are seeking a new Product Engineer within their Product Engineering team to support the development of their fibre laser products through to manufacture. Full details below:
In this role you will support the development of next generation fibre laser products through the full product development lifecycle ensuring the requirements of all stakeholders are met, including other product development functions and introduction into manufacturing.
This is a hands-on role with particular emphasis on supporting the product development transition into a medium/high volume manufacturing line. This will include fault finding and optimisation of processes and design to maximise production yield.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Hands-on process development, alignment of process and component specifications
• Technology and process capability development and assessment
• Responsibility throughout the phases of development, validation, transfer to manufacturing and ongoing manufacturing line support.
• Work closely with production, electronics, optical and mechanical engineers to introduce new products and variants to the production lines.
• Understanding of test software to support automated test, debugging and Verification & Validation.
• Maintenance and upgrade of existing test equipment.
• Support production when a failure occurs with root cause diagnosis, disposition, containment and fix
This role requires a strongly practical, hands-on approach to technology development, underpinned with a good understanding of the physical principles of lasers and associated components
Successful candidates will ideally have some post-graduate experience in a production or product development environment in either the high-power laser field or in an optics area within a related industry, for example aerospace, industrial laser systems or analytical instrumentation.
• Test or process development/engineering experience.
• Data processing, data base query, processing and presentation.
• Excel, SQL and VBA skills.
• Knowledge of SPC/machine monitoring
• Industrial laser usage or test experience.
• Degree in Electronic Engineering, Optoelectronics, Physics or related discipline. Equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
The Candidate should:
• Be a strong team worker with good interpersonal skills
• Be comfortable to integrate into multidisciplinary and cross functional teams
• Have an understanding of both R&D and production environment and their associated requirements.
• Enjoys hands on lab work, experimentation and design
• Ability to work to meet committed timescales
• Has the drive and initiative to manage their own workload, and the adaptability to be flexible, prioritise and deliver against deadlines and changes in priorities with minimal supervision
• Happy to work in a dynamic environment and adaptable to changes in priorities
• Self-starter with good interpersonal skills and a strong execution-oriented approach
• Must be diligent, focused and thorough, taking personal pride in their work and achievements
Hours - 8:30am - 5pm.
On application please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV over for our review.