Our client is looking for an electronics engineer who can be part of a product development team within a new product environment.
The role will be primarily supplier-facing, managing multiple suppliers and manufacturers in both high and low-cost countries, overcoming cultural and language barriers to deliver a new product in time for market. The position also extends to supporting their customers as needed.
You’ll be providing both product design and project management capability and assist the Product Development Team in upgrades and new product design, development & verification of the product portfolio.
This position will be predominantly at product level, requiring good understanding of defining and managing requirements, electronic & mechanical design, product verification and validation. The role requires the utilisation of cutting edge technologies and engineering methods.
You’ll ideally have knowledge of automotive electronics design standards and quality control principles.
• Lead and manage product development throughout the product lifecycle
• Supplier liaison and management
• Requirements and engineering specification creation
• Product design and design for manufacturing
• Product verification and validation
• Preparation of detailed component technical drawings, documentation and user manuals.
• Aid the customers, sales and marketing on technical solutions and products support
• LED and LCD display design and Cameras
• Video and audio processing & interfaces
• Digital video & audio recording
• Ultrasonic sensing
• Acoustic alarms
• Analogue and digital circuit design and development
• Micro & digital signal processing systems
• Digital communication protocols e.g. CAN, I2C, SPI, RS232 or similar.
• Software & hardware interface & software engineering
• PCB level troubleshooting and product fault finding
• Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics product development or similar
• 3 years Industry practical experience with electronics product development
• Project Engineering/Systems Engineering approach
• Knowledge of analogue and digital electronics including micro processing, DSP, video signal processing
• Knowledge of camera, optics, acoustics, LCD’s and digital recording technologies
• Knowledgeable of modern automotive electronic architecture communication systems
• Computer application skills: AutoCAD 2D, Electronic circuit simulation programs
• Mandarin or Cantonese language skills
This would suit an electronics engineer who has seen a few products through from concept to delivery, strong leading, driving and co-ordination skills who can take responsibility. If you have excellent communication skills and enjoy working at the systems level then this is the role for you.