Automotive OEM is recruiting a new Procurement Manager within Powertrain/Electrificiation to support a new EV Project.
To apply for this position you must hold experience in either electrification; battery, electrical motors, hybrid or powertrain.
-Lead the Procurement activities for Powertrain and represent UK Procurement in cross functional team meetings for new and existing projects.
-Drive and manage Category costs to meet Should Costs and Target Costs.
-Develop Category Sourcing Plans for each project, identifying High-risk and High-impact parts and ensuring all necessary Category Procurement activities are complete.
-Work with engineers and suppliers to create detailed specifications, and identify VA/VE and DFM opportunities – and ensure they are adopted and benefits realised.
-Support cross functional long term Procurement strategy for designated categories and related components, obtaining buy in from key stakeholders within the business.
-Initiate negotiations and take the lead in closing price agreements to meet KPIs in cooperation with the Category team.
-Identify risk, minimise exposure and work closely with internal stakeholders to define and implement mitigating actions.
-Contract negotiation and new vendor identification, introduction and management.
- Must have experience in either electrification, battery, electrical motors, hybrid, powertrain.
- Degree/CIPS qualified.
- Substantial experience in Procurement Category Management.
- Demonstrate understanding of technical engineering relevant to the Automotive industry.
- Strong commercial background within a High-Tech manufacturing, engineering or technology business.
- Strong manufacturing and quality knowledge with a process orientation to govern cost and supplier selection.
- Experience in product costing and/or costed Bill of Materials and identification of product cost drivers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills: to be able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions.
- Experience in EV battery cell Technology is also desirable but not essential.