Working as part of a small and expanding company, this is a great opportunity for an experienced software engineer to design, code and test real-time, Windows-based software using C++ & C#. In addition to the you’ll be responsible for ensuring best practice software development is delivered within the company. This will include:
• Definition of the software design, development and validation processes
• Definition of software documentation requirements
• Definition of the software development environment
• Ownership of the source code vault
This role will not have line management responsibility for members of the software development team, though this may change in future. It’s likely to be a 70/30 split in favour of hands on design work.
Due to the small size of the software team, you will need to be involved with all phases of the software lifecycle, including requirements definition, detailed design of software modules and test harnesses, coding, documentation, integration, and validation and test on target hardware. Occasionally, this may require working offsite (sometimes overseas) to integrate and test systems at client sites.
We are ideally looking for a Software Engineer who has previous experience of real-time signal, data processing, and GUI development. You should be capable of providing a positive contribution to the overall system design and development effort, particularly regarding the software implementation side.
Algorithms are normally prototyped in MATLAB, so a working knowledge of MATLAB would be useful. An appreciation or interest in signal processing, Linux, and HDL for FPGA applications would be useful.
- Degree in Software Engineering, or alternatively Engineering or Physics graduates with a strong interest in software.
- Experience in a field which involves real-time signal and data processing (ideally sonar or underwater systems, possibly radar, satellites, communications).
- Experience of developing software processes for development, documentation efficiencies
- We are looking for highly motivated individuals with excellent organisational and software skills who can work in a team with other high calibre scientists and engineers.
Technical areas of interest:
- Visual Studio .NET
- Graphic Display Tools such as ENCX, GMAP, OpenGL
- Intel Maths Libraries (Intel IPP)
- PC hardware, single and multi-processor, multi-threaded
- Ethernet comms links (TCP/IP, UDP)
- UML design methodologies
- NIOS II IDE (Altera embedded processor)
This position would suit a Software Engineer who enjoys being involved in the full development lifecycle and likes working on products for real world solutions. Equally, you should have an interest and passion for creating a software environment where all this can take place professionally. As the company expands there will be opportunities to develop your career further.
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday purchase scheme (employees can purchase up to 5 days per annum)
- Life assurance - 6x annual salary
- Annual Bonus
- Working hours are 08:30-17:00, one hour for lunch - flexitime available
- Some remote working possible but candidates need to be local to the office