Proven high tech engineering business driving automotive technology for the future is seeking a proven Principal / Technical Lead Electronic Hardware Engineer.
You will mentor and technically guide a team of engineers who are designing and developing electronic hardware related to power and control electronics for automotive racing and series production applications.
This role would suit a proven Principal Engineer or Technical Lead guiding a team; equally my client is also interested to speak to Senior Electronic Hardware Engineers from a relevant background looking to make that next-step in their career.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Electronics Design & Development
- Design of low and high voltage motor electronics (power and controls)
- Manage electronics design and development projects
- Design for manufacture
- Specification and Requirement capture according to process and industry design standards
- Test specification capture
- Support fault finding and debugging of designs by review as well has hands on testing.
- Schematic capture, PCB design.
- Circuit simulation.
- Participating/contributing to design reviews of electronics/software projects.
- Preparing and release of component specifications, Bill of Materials and drawings.
- Specification / development of production test equipment.
- Liaising with suppliers to ensure suitable technical specifications are met and timely manufacture of development/prototype parts.
- Managing / coordinating engineering changes and maintain detailed design records.
- Prepare documentation of design
- Maintain and update or improve procedures
- Mentor junior staff
- Carry out testing and verification
- Any other tasks that are reasonably assigned to you by your line manager, including development activities, which are within your capability and grade.