13 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Circa 50 - 55k
Principal / Senior Power Electronics & Electrical Engineer
Permanent - Salary £50,000 - £55,000
To be the Senior / Principal Power Electronics Engineer, developing system solutions for the businesses Pulsed and High-Power laser products. Engineering involvement will be over the full product lifecycle from design and development, through prototyping, verification and validation and then supporting the transfer to manufacture.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Design, development and control of power electronics circuitry from concept through prototype to production for designs up to 300A DC.
• Design, development and control of single phase and three cabinet electrical distribution and safety circuitry from concept through prototype to production from 1kW up to 100kW.
• To include detailed circuit specification, design, test plans, troubleshooting and manufacturing documentation.
• Working in a multidisciplinary team developing fibre lasers to grow market share as a laser supplier and to introduce higher performance and lower cost products
• Experience as a Senior / Principal / Lead Engineer in a commercial power electronics and / or electrical design environment.
• Delivering projects to time, cost and quality deadlines within a matrix development organization.
• Experience within the power supply, power amplifier or instrumentation industry.
• Familiar with both European and North American regulatory approval standards and processes.
• Demonstrable design skills to comply with appropriate Safety and EMC directives
• Good I.T. skills i.e. word, excel or equivalent.
• Familiarity with Fibre Optic or Laser based products
• Good Degree in Electronic or Electrical Engineering
• Demonstrated perseverance and drive, e.g. in bringing a development project to commercial market success.
• Ability to work across and lead multiple tasks methodically and efficiently and meet committed timescales.
• Happy to work in a very dynamic environment and adaptable to rapid changes in priorities.
• Proactive approach to supporting the needs of development and production originations.
• Hands-on with creative approach to problem solving and the ability to translate engineering requests into working solutions.
• Ability to identify and use reference material to help execute tasks.
• Strong customer focus.
• Ability to understand and influence complex processes.
• Innovative and proactive self-starter.
To apply please send an MS Word formatted version of your CV across for our review.