Senior or Principal Power Electronics Engineer
Up to £60k + Bonus + Good Benefits Package
Great opportunity to join a small but growing company developing a new flagship product. Working within the advanced engineering function and reporting directly to the Engineering Director, you’ll have overall responsibility for the technical aspects of developing a new product.
The primary purpose of this role is to design the circuit schematics, create the PCBs layout and test the new controller board designs as required in the development of new power electronics products for high speed electrical machine systems.
- Selection of components, schematic capture and generation of PCB design files.
- Ownership of PCB component library for the project.
- Analog circuit design (sensor inputs, high/low side drivers, linear and LV power supply design)
- Digital circuit design (processor, control logic, memory & communications interfaces)
- Power circuit design (mild hybrid inverter transistors, filters)
- Design for compliance with automotive standards for EMC, ESD, safety, vibration and environmental requirements.
- Providing support for embedded software engineers during software development.
- Work closely with mechanical engineers during integration to ensure PCB design, thermal, EMC and environmental factors are balanced.
- Optimise cost and production effort.
- Define and conduct tests to validate required functionality.
- Support prototype phase testing.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Several years of experience successfully supporting projects in an electronic engineering environment either in an OEM or Tier 1, working on production or R&D programmes
- Familiarity in the application of functional safety and the ISO 26262 standard at OEM or supplier level
- Experience with various analogue and digital electronics e.g. op-amp circuit design, ADCs, switching power supplies, protection, microcontrollers, digital logic and communication interfaces(CAN FD, LIN , Flexray and Ethernet)
- Experience of developing multilayer PCB’s with 4+ layers.
- Experience of automotive hardware manufacture to meet testability, manufacturability, reliability and cost targets
- Desirable: Experience with Altium Designer
- Desirable: Electric vehicle powertrain experience
- Desirable: Software development experience
- Desirable: Systems Integration experience
- This position would suit a Senior Electronics Engineer who has some leadership experience and wants to develop their career further into Engineering Management.
The environment would suit an engineer with excellent communication skills who can influence others, has the technical Ability to make sound decisions as well as the ability to develop and implement new processes from scratch.
We need a clear thinker who is analytical and has the energy and passion to motivate a team to deliver a new product for this business.
•Cycle to Work Scheme
•25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
•Employee Assistance Program
•Free parking on site
•4.5 day week, including a modern flexible approach to working