Principal Power Electronics Engineer
|Job Title:||Principal Power Electronics Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £60k + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||October 17, 2019 08:44|
Great opportunity to join a small but growing company developing a new flagship product. Working within the advanced engineering function and reporting directly to the Engineering Director, you’ll have overall responsibility for the technical aspects of developing a new product.
This includes the Electrical, Electronic, Software and Mechanical aspects and will have managerial responsibility for the Electrical, Electronic and Software Engineers.
As a member of the engineering management team, the role has design authority and significant responsibility for the achievement of the engineering and overall long term strategy of the business.
• Definition of the strategy for, and delivery of, cost-effective, high-quality, high-reliability modular power conversion and control electronics to integrate with unique High Speed Electrical machines
• Line management and personal development of a team of between 4 and 8 electrical, electronics and software engineers
• Technical lead of specific high profile New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
• Maintain and develop team capabilities to meet the engineering strategy and other company objectives
• Work with business development to identify and progress opportunities for new products
• Ensure all electrical/electronic engineering delivery is rigorously executed with robust control of configuration, standards, quality, utilising a suitable industry recognised engineering approach
• To develop and continually improve departmental processes
• Application of balanced risk management in the execution of engineering scope, both from a development and diagnostic perspective, using FMEA, FTA etc
• Manage costs and support regular budget rounds and reviews
• Keep abreast of emerging technology that could be utilised
• Work closely with production engineering to incorporate best practice for manufacturing operations and on DFMA projects.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
• Chartered Engineer through membership (preferably as Fellow) of a recognised institution
• Post-graduate qualification preferred (MSc, MBA, PhD etc.)
• Very strong background in a power conversion electronics, grid code compliance, generator design and application and control systems architecture and design
• Design of 3-phase grid tied inverters in the 10 – 1000kVA power class
• Experience in legal and regulatory compliance (e.g. CE marking)
• Multiple experiences of the New Product Introduction (NPI) cycle with detailed understanding of the process phases
• Team management experience
• Project management and multi-project environments
• Experience with DFMA and Lean
• Must have had exposure to a small company environment
• Used to operating at senior manager level with direct engineering responsibility
This position would suit a Senior Electronics Engineer who has some leadership experience and wants to develop their career further into Engineering Management.
The environment would suit an engineer with excellent communication skills who can influence others, has the technical Ability to make sound decisions as well as the ability to develop and implement new processes from scratch.
We need a clear thinker who is analytical and has the energy and passion to motivate a team to deliver a new product for this business.
• Pension Scheme
• Company bonus
• Life Assurance
• Health Insurance
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Childcare Vouchers
• 25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking on site
• 4.5 day week, including a modern flexible approach to working
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's