Principal HV Battery & Electronics Engineer - Motorsport
|Job Title:||Principal HV Battery & Electronics Engineer - Motorsport|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||July 13, 2018 15:19|
Our Motorsport client are seeking a Principal HV Battery & Electronics Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a business offering a wide scope of projects from racing cars competing in series such as the World Touring Car Championship, prototype vehicles, fully electric supercars and concept cars. The key purpose of the role is to design HV powertrain batteries, electronics and software to ensure specified performance criteria and deadlines are met.
HV Battery and Systems Design
- Liaise closely with the mechanical engineering team to ensure the design is optimised between mechanical and electrical requirements and meets the specification and safety standards.
- To carry out calculations as required to ensure safe, reliable operation while meeting the specified design performance criteria.
- To instruct and advise the design engineers and supervise work on design projects to ensure detail designs are produced which meet the design function and project deadlines requirement.
- Resolution of design & functionality issues liaising with external clients & internal colleagues
- Consider issues of Design for Manufacturability, Measurability & Test at low volume liaising with mechanical design.
- Generation of procurement and manufacturing data packs.
- Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers in conjunction with the Operations department
- Managing the engineering change activities for your areas of design.
BMS Software Design and Development
- To develop electronics and software for the BMS (and potentially supporting rigs) including detailed design analysis, simulations, documentation, FMEAs, etc.
- To work within the BMS team to ensure that the final product meets UN R100 and / or FIA EV regs
- To fault find and debug complex electric system.
- To work with external PCB layout engineers to ensure the resultant implementation meets all the relevant standards for reliability, EMC, etc.
- Working with external “board stuffers” to get prototypes and low volume production runs manufactured on time to a very high quality level.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's