Founded in 2019, we are building electric trucks specifically to be used in and around cities and urban areas. The company’s ambition is to remove tailpipe emissions, reduce city pollution, and completely redesign the vehicle to make it significantly safer – for drivers as well as pedestrians and cyclists.
We are a small and tight knit team wanting to work with those who share our passion, our values and our drive to make city centres safer and cleaner.
You will take charge of delivering the infotainment solutions for all Volta’s products, working hands-on and assembling a small team of in-house engineers and to work with outsource partners and suppliers to deliver robust, safe and flexible systems from initial concept though to series production and beyond.
The scope of this will include full ownership from concept to end of production life for all aspects of the infotainment architecture for Vola Zero and its unique central wrap-around driver focussed concept. This entails leading the user experience, infotainment system, displays, audio, antennas and haptics necessary to achieve the production solution.
• Responsibility to define all the requirements and attributes necessary to deliver the infotainment platform and associated hardware within the vehicle architecture including the user experience for end-to-end functionality
• Identify and lead the selection of major components and key supplier technologies and where required, generate supporting strategic and commercial business case for approval
• Working alongside the functional safety team, develop the Functional Safety Case (FSC) and corresponding Functional Safety Requirements (FSRs) for all functionality delivered within the infotainment domain for all associated safety goals
• Develop functional Bill of Materials and work with Purchasing colleagues to nominate key suppliers
• Plan and control delivery to meet product and project targets for performance, robustness, cost, weight and timing including any certification requirements
•Recruit, lead and develop the team required to deliver the plan ensuring the specialist skills required to achieve all aspects of the infotainment solution are covered
• Support the vehicle development programme to ensure that the highly integrated system enables the vehicle to meet its attribute targets and functionality at all build and test phases
• Ensure that requirements for updates, improvements, cost reductions or modifications are met during the production life of the vehicles
Qualifications and Experience
• 7 years+ Infotainment engineering experience in a leading role
• University degree in a relevant engineering topic
• Good understanding of vehicle packaging concepts and demonstrable experience integrating packaging sensitive components with A-Surface requirements
• Demonstrable experience developing products in line with ISO 26262
• Hands-on approach to engineering, practical and enthusiastic
• Strong communication skills and fluent in English
• Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organizing and coordinating ability
• Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
• Positive and passionate, good team player