Principal Engineer - Body Structures
|Job Title:||Principal Engineer - Body Structures|
|Salary:||Competitive + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||December 14, 2020 14:14|
Our Automotive EV client are currently seeking a Principal Engineer, Body Structures to join their growing team. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Principal Engineer will lead the design,development & delivery of Body Structure Bolt-On systems content within the Body Structures Function Group. The Principal Engineer will also lead the Bolt-On team in all aspects of programme delivery & planning including system design, target setting, specification, DFMEA, development,verification & launch.
• Define the Bolt On systems strategy and architecture the product
• Provide technical leadership of system design and development
• To represent the Body Structure Function Group as a credible authority on structural performance aspects as well as HV carriers and other systems.
• To translate programme deliverables into a successful plan of work for the team, to deliver within the programme budget and timescale
• To lead the generation of system targets and the adoption/creation of applicable test, development and design standards, guidelines and procedures.
• Ensure that the hardware content & design enables system & vehicle level attribute targets to be met
• Ensure design for manufacture to support cost effective production
• Take the lead in design & manufacturing reviews with management and executive team.
• Ownership of the multiple systems bill of materials & management of the content to meet mass, cost & investment targets
• You’ll have a minimum of 7 years relevant automotive experience, with a high level of exposure to Body Structure and / or HV Systems.
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of the requirement for the development of varied vehicle systems including vehicle structural performance.
• Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams and business functions
• Strong leadership with the ability to influence and motivate others to achieve the best possible results
• Can operate at a strategic level whilst able to resolve more detailed / technical issues
• Good commercial awareness with pragmatic approach to product development that suits the size of our organisation
• Ability to prioritise workload (including that of the team) & manage external inputs/requests
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's