about 1 month ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Due to securing a number of new projects, our Automotive & Motorsport client are currently seeking a Principal Engineer, Exterior & Body Structures to join their expanding team. The successful applicant will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Exterior and Body Structures, and ensure that designs deliver the correct balance of safety, quality, cost and timing for a project.
This is a great chance to join a business who work on some hugely varied and exciting projects.
• Lead small engineering projects within the vehicle engineering department.
• Manage a team of engineers, determining required training, development and mentorship of less experienced engineers to develop capability in the Exterior and Body Structures areas.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of business processes within Chassis Engineering and align with other departments.
• Support the quotation process with assumptions, risk, project & resource plans and costing.
• You’ll have around 6-7 years + relevant automotive experience, with a high level of exposure to Body Structures & Exterior.
• Technical and personal credibility, working effectively with other functional teams and business functions.
• Strong leadership with the ability to influence and motivate others to achieve the best possible results.
• Can operate at a strategic level whilst able to resolve more detailed / technical issues.
• Ability to prioritise workload (including that of the team) & manage external inputs/requests.