A key position within the newly formed Battery Test team reporting into the Propulsion division. The position will be responsible for leading the Technical capability strategy for HV Battery Durability and Abuse testing including associated Capital Investment projects. Working in conjunction with the Battery Test Manager to deliver a complete Test Service to all Industry clients.
Roles and responsibilities
• Technical lead for HV Battery Testing technology
• Defines test capability based on Customer requirements/specification, including durability and abuse testing in line with Industry standards
• Leads Capital Investment project delivery in line with company processes and strategy
• Defines HV Battery handling and testing processes in line with highest standards of Personnel safety and Facility protection.
• Leads any forensic investigation into DUT or Facility failures, understanding root cause and putting measures in place to prevent reoccurrence
• Applies Continuous Improvement techniques in all activities to ensure ever improving Facilities, processes and Test methods
• Works in conjunction with the Battery Test Manager to deliver a complete Test service for HV Batteries.
• Own capability derived Risk Assessments
• Ensures safe Operating Procedures are in place for all HV Battery related activity
• Ensures safe operation of DUT at all times
Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (2:1 and above or equivalent)
HV Batteries (preferably Automotive)
HV Battery testing (Durability and Abuse)
Knowledge of Industry HV Battery testing standards (e.g. Reg100.02, UN38.3, SAE J2380/2464)
Experience with AVL Puma and/or Kratzer PA Tools (preferred)
Experience in LabView programming (preferred)
Contribute to the Process definition, setup and commissioning stage of the Battery Test Facilities
Flexibility to travel as and when required
Full UK driving licence
SC clearance or ability to achieve this (UK national with residency in the UK for the last 5 years)
Willing to undergo a Criminal Disclosure check