This is a 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Overall responsibility for Electrical/Electronic/Software aspects of New Product Development and Introduction (NPD/I) of high speed electrical machines and power electronics products. Working as a member of the engineering management team, the role has significant responsibility on the achievement of the engineering and overall company long term objectives.
KEY BACKGROUND, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree in a relevant subject. Post-graduate qualification preferred (MSc, MBA, PhD etc.)
• Chartered Engineer through membership (preferably as Fellow) of a recognised institution.
• Very strong background in several core areas: electrical machine design, power conversion electronics, automotive standards and regulations for hybrid and full-electric vehicles and/or grid code compliance and application and control systems architecture and design.
• Experience in legal and regulatory compliance (automotive)
• Multiple experiences of the NPI cycle with detailed understanding of the process phases.
• Line management experience and project management and multi-project environments.
• Experience with DFMA and Lean.
• Must have had exposure to small company environments.
• Used to operating at senior manager level with direct engineering responsibility.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Outstanding Communication skills – ability to communicate effectively at all levels, verbally, in writing and in group setting.
• Excellent team worker, Strong influencing and interpersonal skills
• Outstanding technical ability in electrical and electronics engineering, with a focus on power electronics & electrical machines.
• Experienced in balancing engineering risks and business priorities.
• Ability to develop and implement robust processes, from scratch.
• Strong analytical ability and a clear thinker.
• Ability to assimilate and analyse large amounts of data quickly.
• Good understanding of different production methods, models, metrics etc.
• Understanding of Engineering systems, process, best practice.
• Takes responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
• Understands the fundamentals, principles and details of how Quality systems operate
• High energy level
• Highly effective at juggling multiple projects and prioritising them, to ensure that tasks are completed by the negotiated deadline, with delegation where appropriate
Good Company Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
25 days holidays per year plus bank holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Free parking on site
This company works a 4.5 day week