Due to securing a number of new projects, our Automotive & Motorsport client are currently seeking an experienced Principal Battery and HV Electrical Powertrain Engineer to join their team.
We are looking for someone who is degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) and has the ability to lead the Electrical design and development of HV Batteries and Powertrain systems.
• Lead the Electrical design and development of HV Batteries and Powertrain systems
• Liaise closely with the software and mechanical engineering teams to ensure that designs are optimised at all levels.
• To carry out calculation, analysis and testing as required to ensure safe, reliable operation while meeting the required performance criteria.
• To lead the testing of battery and HV Systems using both in-house and external facilities.
• To ensure tests are recorded and document to an appropriate level.
• Lead and manage powertrain projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Ensure engineering activities are captured and scheduled in line with project timescales and costs.
• To fault find and resolve concerns in a timely and effective manner.
• To develop business capabilities in the areas of battery design, analysis and testing and develop relevant procedures and engineering guides to capture learning.
• To ensure compliance with necessary regulations and standards.
• Upper Degree Level in Electrical / Electronic engineering
• >5 years proven experience as a Battery / HV engineer in automotive or motorsport applications as part of an OEM, Tier 1, or consultancy.
• Experience with Battery design and HV system design.
• Able to conduct hand calculations to support design
• Experience on working on up to 800V systems as a Senior Authorised Person
• Ability to produce electrical drawings to a high standard
• A good understanding of battery test and approval standards.
• Proven project management skills
• Able to escalate and propose solutions