We are seeking a proven Precision Assembly Specialist for an advanced engineering and science business. The work involves the use of millimetre sized, disposable objects that are designed, manufactured, metrologised and assembled with micron accuracy.
You will take over the role of assembly and metrology of these targets. You will also be responsible for continuously improving the methods used to deliver these high precision targets. Currently this work is carried out by the experimental team in a target fabrication room with a growing range of microscopes and assembly equipment.
The day to day work will involve receiving target parts from the workshop and metrologising them – giving feedback to the workshop and project leader. These parts then need to be precisely assembled ready for the experiment. All stages need to be recorded and documented.
On a higher level the ideal candidate would participate in their own research with the aim of improving the target fabrication, assembly and metrology capabilities and techniques used within the business. Initially this would be through the purchase of new equipment, but eventually would include the hiring of new team members as the company grows at the next funding round.
We believe this is an exciting and varied role as you will be the first member of a new team that is vital to our experiments. The ideal candidate, while being a specialist, will also interact with other teams frequently and manage their own area.
Ideal proven ability:
• Experience with precision assembly and metrology in a scientific environment
• Experience using precision metrology tools such as scanning microscopes
• Patience for the delicate nature of the assembly work involved
• Fast and effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrable ability to keep good records, documentation and a high overall level of organisation