Honda F1 are seeking an enthusiastic, degree-educated Powertrain Engineer to join their growing team at their purpose build facility in Milton Keynes. The primary requirement of the role is to support the Lead Engineer in implementation and operation of the PU tests on Dyno.
• Manage the Dyno test schedule in terms of chassis related preparation
• Prepare ECU data for the PU and gearbox before the tests
• Prepare the updated control specification
• Operate the test operation tool (System Monitor etc)
• Analyse the test data using Atlas and optimise the ECU data
• Manage the test parts and equipment (mileage, damage, etc)
• Report faults and daily test results to relevant persons/teams by recording in specific tool
• Any other reasonable tasks as required by the company (this may include the trackside and mission control room activity).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Degree level education in the relevant engineering subject
• Power Unit development experience
• Knowledge of motorsport Power Units (e.g. Direct Injection, Turbo Engine, MGU, ES)
• Ability to analyse data from Power Unit reliability and performance aspect
• Exposure/knowledge of ERS Power Unit Energy Management
• Previous experience of Dyno testing including chassis, gearbox etc.
• Motorsport Track-side experience
• Excellent document presentational skills
• Familiar with analysis tools such as ATLAS, System Monitor
• An adept communicator, able to build good relationships across all cultures both internally and externally
• Fluency in spoken & written English is essential. Competence in Japanese or another European language is desirable
• PC literate
• Competence to drive in the UK
• Travel within the UK and internationally may be required as part of this role.