Our Motorcycle client located in Leicester is recruiting a new role for a Powertrain Design Engineer on a permanent basis.
The Design department is made up of various different project teams who shape, design and develop the iconic motorcycles. As part of the motorcycle design they are committed to developing powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance desires of their customers whilst meeting the environmental regulations of tomorrow.
Engineers will play a huge part in the design of the motorcycle components to meet ambitious future targets.
As the Design Engineer, you will be involved in the full life-cycle of design and development a of Powertrain programs from concept through to delivery working in a fast paced environment.
We are looking for engineers that hold 3+ years Powertrain/Engine design experience. Also you must be enthusiastic, motivated and genuinely interested in automotive or motorbikes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To produce schemes of motorcycle assemblies on 3D CAD.
- To produce fully detailed drawings on 3D CAD to BS 8888.
- To produce completed designs
- To release components through the design change system.
- To produce and update engineers lists.
- To produce specifications/planning drawings for suppliers.
- To have the capability to use computer programs and advanced analysis (e.g. FEA) ifrequired.
- To provide engineering guidance to any CAD Designer who may be allocated to help with their work.
We are looking for engineers that hold a Mechanical or Automotive based engineering degree (BEng or MEng).
Get in touch to discuss further