7 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Honda Racing F1 are seeking a High Voltage Systems Engineer at their site in Milton Keynes. The key objective is to take responsibility for the system level development of the primary power electronics units including inverter, converter (high voltage DC to low voltage DC) other subsystems (e.g. contactor, fuse) as well as fault investigation and setting countermeasures during the ESS pack production stage or sign-off process. You will also be responsible for fault investigation of the ESS pack at factory after races or test use, addressing any consequent countermeasures and conducting the following action within the team. A fantastic opportunity to work in the fast paced and exciting world of Motorsport.
• Primary point of contact for power electronics units specification and supplier liaison
• Working as an interface between Honda Japan and UK and Power module supplier and inverter supplier
• High voltage system architecture design of ESS system
• Organization of ESS pack system test from the point of power electronics units (especially the inverter and DCDC converter)
• Management of development of status and test items (both internally and externally (e.g. suppliers of Honda))
• Investigate any fault on ESS pack at development, production, sign-off process, and used on the race car.
• Address the countermeasure for the faults and conduct following process.
• Analyse the battery or power electronics test data on ESS pack with supplier and sub-contractor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• ESS / high voltage circuit analysis, monitor and development experience
• Power Electronics units (inverter or converter) development experience
• Project management experience with supplier
• Coordination skill of the development and test schedule with members and supplier
• EMC analysis experience for high voltage system
• Knowledge of high voltage switching noise principal and analysis
• Knowledge of power devices (especially wide gap device)
• Knowledge of high voltage sub system (fuse, contactor, switches, etc)
• Experience of making the specification based on requirement from the user point of view