8 months ago
Salary / Rate:
Rates flexible and dependent on proven ability
Exciting advanced engineering business is offering opportunities for a number of talented and experienced Power Electronics Engineers at varying-levels to join their exciting Electric Vehicle programme on a contract or permanent basis as my client looks to grow further in 2019.
The roles will be located at their brand new purpose built facility for the EV programme near Chippenham, Wiltshire. Rates and salaries flexible dependent on proven ability.
Responsibilities will include:
• The design of motor inverters, device selection, gate drive design, operating and protection strategies.
• The design of power supplies for a broad spectrum of potential applications and power ratings.
• Ensuring designs can comply with relevant EMC/EMI standards and modifying the design where needed to ensure this is the case.
• Specification of associated passive components, contactors, cables, connectors and fusing.
• Thermal management of power electronics systems.
• Design of both mains and battery powered electronics to meet global requirements. Whilst the Power Electronics team is responsible for supporting new products at initial design stages, a key focus for any successful applicant will be to research into new technology and look at innovative ways of incorporating this into future products.
Successful senior engineers will be expected to:
• Develop the concept, proving key technologies and demonstrating the system feasibility.
• Demonstrate designs are robust, cost effective and fit for purpose for a high volume manufacture environment, through detailed laboratory testing, simulation and analysis.
• Initiating the production intent solution and developing suitable documentation prior to handover to the development teams.
• Take technical responsibility for the power electronics content of a project. This may expand to the responsibility for multiple, small concurrent projects, supported by a number of team members reporting to the Power Electronics Technical Leader.