Gerrell & Hard Ltd are proud to be working in partnership with a client who encourages employees to think differently, challenge convention and be unafraid to make mistakes. They are creative, collaborative, practical and enthusiastic. We are looking for individuals who wish to invent, design and develop leading products for the global market.
To lead the project management system and targets within the body structure team, liaising with the product technical leads, supply base, the purchasing team, manufacturing team and quality team (QMS) to resolve and deliver key commodities within a defined BOM.
• To work as part of a team responsible for delivering a BIW / body in white structure.
• Be responsible for managing the BoM within Tce and signing off;
• Manage suppliers with the procurement team, for feasibility, validation, cost, investment, timing and quality, to manage manufacturing and deliver of parts to support testing and vehicle builds.
• Support with the body structure team with project management and coordinate engineering releases in line with program milestones.
• Coordinate DVP and FMA activities with the technical design team and suppliers.
• Track system target specifications for function, cost, weight, quality performance (inc. compliance targets) and investment.
• Plan and facilitate vehicle build events
• Contribute to vehicle development plan with expertise and caution regarding the body content.
• Represent body structure in all internal forums.
The Ideal Candidate Will
• Have previous project management experience and the ability to lead
• Have proven experience of delivering and validating automotive assemblies.
• Experience of Tce
• Extensive knowledge of body materials and technologies including joining and process.
• Ability to work among talented and progressive colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated organisation.
• Possess a hands on approach and a can-do attitude