PLM Support Engineer (Major IT System transformation)
|Job Title:||PLM Support Engineer (Major IT System transformation)|
|Salary:||£300p/day to £350p/day|
|Contact Name:||Paul Frisby|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2018 14:47|
Leading automotive design and development business, who specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Is seeking a proven PLM Support Engineer to work on a major IT engineering system global transformation programme.
My client is seeking someone with ideally prior experience of a significant IT engineering systems programmes within an automotive business, but more importantly the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology. You will liaise with engineers in the UK, Sweden, China and the US, with the possibility of some travel to these sites (1 – 2 trips per year).
Responsibilities will include:
• Bring PLM experience to the team. Be able to advise on industry best practice, particularly around the usage of core tools such as Teamcenter, Teamcenter Visualisation and CATIA V5.
• Conduct process analysis to identify gaps between global and local processes.
• Create new and modify existing working practices. Ensure that local processes adhere to group engineering standards.
• Manage the introduction of new global engineering standards into EAD.
• Support Global PLM team with system upgrades. Perform local UAT testing.
• Create and maintain New User Induction Programme specific to PLM systems.
• Provide end user training for all product creation tools. This may include classroom, one to one, and specialist role training.
• Maintain PLM sharepoint site to ensure reference material is up-to-date.
• Coordinate a Key User Steering Group to ensure all end user issues are captured and addressed.
• Install and upgrade client machines as required.
• Good knowledge of PLM principles and applications including Teamcenter, Enovia and Catia.
• Teamcenter Bias.
• Proficient with laptops and workstations at an operating level. Good working knowledge of MS Windows applications is desirable.
• MS Office literate including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Automotive experience would be an advantage, but not essential
• Knowledge of NPDS (Ford, Volvo, JLR) process is an advantage but not essential.
• Flexible and willing to accept challenging and sometimes diverse activities to maintain project deliverables.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's