|Job Title:||PLM Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Nick Green|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2021 17:24|
Our Motorcycle OEM client are currently seeking a PLM Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will see the successful applicant assist the business in taking advantage of digital technology into the product development and manufacturing environments.
Hands-on challenges of configuring and managing a system will be an integral part of this role, and you will be involved with key product development and manufacturing processes and helping configure systems to best fit these processes.
Key duties and responsibilities;
• Resolving level 3 PLM application issues escalated from Service Desk
• Train service desk to resolve 1st and 2nd line tickets.
• Maintain PLM global access control for EBOM’s MBOM’s and CAD document access.
• Install, upgrade and patch our PLM environments.
• Create, modify and maintain workflows within the PLM system.
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly yearly PLM system checks and report issues to the CAD systems manager.
• Upgrade our PLM applications, working with other I.T. roles to ensure our PLM users are using supported application environments.
• Part of the project team introducing changes to EBOM’s, MBOM’s and new processes, and changes to processes, like change management.
• To undertake and assist with projects as required by your manager.
• Working with our Engineers to understand their requirements.
• Document PLM processes and create associated training materials, procedures and work instructions
• Training Our Engineers in the correct use of the PLM tools available (Heavy, Light EBOM/MBOM and change).
Key skills / experience;
• Maths and English GCSE grade C or above. Graduate / HND / or equivalent qualification
• Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Industry experienced with Windchill PLM.
• IT and/or Engineering background and shows a keen interest in PLM.
• Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
• Knowledge of ORACLE databases (SQLPlus administration a plus).
• Demonstrable ability to support remote teams and services.
• Previous experience of working within an automotive /manufacturing environment.
• Knowledge and/ or experience of Windchill PDMLink, MPMLink, CAD and ERP integration including BOM’s, engineering change management and ability to install, upgrade and patch PLM environments.
• Personality and Motivation
• Self-motivated and resilient. Flexible and adaptable.
• Excellent communication skills, clear and concise written and verbal skills.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's