Our client is a British OEM and is famous for building iconic motorcycles. Through bold design, purposeful engineering and a genuine passion for the ride, they create distinctive motorcycles and aim to make the best in the world.
Our client designs all of their motorcycles in Leicestershire and manufacture components and complete motorcycles in five factories globally.
A new opportunity has arisen for a CAD Systems Engineer to join the business working as part of their technical support team that cover a range of activities including PLM Technical Support, system enhancement, demonstrations.
This role is required to help to implement the next phase of PTC’s PDMLink introducing WT parts, EBOM’s, MBOM’s. and Engineering change control.
You will be working with a broad range of Design Engineers who use CAD/CAM/PLM to design and manage products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing front-line technical Support over telephone/web/face to face.
- Training internal Engineers in the correct use of the PLM tools available.
- Working with the Engineers to understand their requirements.
- Demonstrating PLM system enhancements to Engineers before implementing new
- Supporting internal users with Windchill PLM system.
- Part of the project team introducing WT parts, EBOM’s and MBOM’s
- To undertake and assist with projects as required by your Manager.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required by your Manager.
- Previous experience of working within an automotive /manufacturing environment.
- Industry experienced with PLM.
- Applicants with knowledge and/ or experience of Creo Parametric (Pro E), Windchill (PDMLink & MPMLink) would be of interest.
You must hold Maths and English GCSE grade C or above and either be degree educated, or HND or equivalent qualification.
You'll be proficient in Microsoft Packages including Excel, Word and Outlook. A working knowledge of PDMLink including BOM’s and change management is required along with the ability to multi task.