13 days ago
Salary / Rate:
Competitive + benefits
Our Automotive R&D client are looking to recruit a Platform Technical Architect to work in their connected car team.
The successful applicant will join the Project team who are responsible for European IOT Service Delivery and Management Platform design and development.
You will be a key contributor for the design and development of a cloud based, data oriented, connected service platform to which the hardware is being connected. This is a great role for someone with a general PaaS and SaaS back ground who wishes to broaden their skills by influencing the Connected Car environment. Supplier management is a key requirement ensuring quality and agreed timelines are met. Working within an extended Global team, strong communication skills are essential for building working relationships within and outside of the company. Awareness of the latest technology, IoT and cloud based environments is a requirement, allowing research to be conducted and adding value to the EU technical direction.
• Responsible for work packages relating to the design, test and deployment of European IOT Service Delivery and Management Platform.
• Provide strong supplier management to ensure cost, quality and timelines are tightly controlled.
• Technical report writing, for third parties/suppliers, and non-technical, for management reviews.
• Conducting research of latest technology, specifically mobile communication and data networks, PAAS and SAAS technologies, thus assisting in futureproofing connectivity protocols and security standards.
• Activity planning and creating status reports, both formal and informal, task management and prioritisation
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• University Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Communication, Information Technology, or equivalent
• Proven knowledge of communication protocols for example and not limited to: TCPIP, HTTPS and MQTT
• Knowledge of network / applications integration experience with cloud based / IoT technology is desirable
• Knowledge of major cloud services and IOT solutions
• Knowledge of programming (e.g.: Any OOP based language like C++, C#, Java) and computer science fundamentals and a deep love for technology
• Excellent and broad technical knowledge – Understanding of a wide variety of connectivity technologies and how they interact.
• Experience in telematics related supply chain (OEM/ supplier) is desirable.