This company employ around 120 staff and it has the feel or an SME environment, yet they have the backing of a global corporate. The company is a world leader in design & manufacture of connectivity, motion control and power electronics products, servicing the aerospace, defence and industrial markets. T/O is in the £15-20m range.
They need someone who can manage the planning, inventory and stores functions, ensuring products are planned through the production process and delivered. The role will be primarily responsible for driving the sales, inventory and operations planning process ensuring that material and capacity constraints are carefully managed and any risks mitigated.
You would also be responsible for managing all aspects of inventory control from raw material held in stores to work in progress and finished goods with a focus on driving up stock turns.
The ideal candidate would be Degree qualified or have equivalent technical experience as well as the following:
• Managing planning parameters in ERP (EFACS E8) systems
• Implementation of continuous improvement methods
• Team player & must have good communication skills
• Computer literate, proficient with a wide range of software packages, ideally Excel
• Background in manufacturing practices
• Ability to own work priorities
• Ability to analyse problems and develop solutions
• Organisational skills
• Accurate and attentive to detail
The company is implementing a lean and six sigma programme at the moment so any experience of this would also be desirable.
They also need you to be in a position to hold and maintain UK Government clearances, so only accept applications from British Nationals.