An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planner to join a cutting-edge power company based in Norfolk.
They provide the complete solution. Not only a leader in ultra-high performance electric motors but also complete EV drivetrains and ultra-fast power electronic systems.
As well as developing proprietary technology such as an ultra-compact, lightweight high performance spoke motors they also offer industry leading EV consultancy too.
- Maintains the Master Production Schedule in line with business plan. Create and maintain Works Orders. Chairs Supply Chain materials availability review meetings. Liaises with Sales and Operations to optimise Schedule.
- Ensures inventory accuracy. Reports on significant errors to Head of Procurement and Operations Management ahead of planned requirements.
- Effectively communicates with internal customers regarding any relevant issues concerning the supply of materials.
- Meets operational and customer needs by ensuring all BOMs and configuration data are accurately maintained within ERP. Analyse and manage all engineering changes. Liaises with operations to ensure accurate and timely material run outs and or substitutions and product introductions.
- Provides information and support to the general management team as necessary regarding planning.
- Works with IT resources to champion any systems upgrade or introduction to develop and improve the Materials department function.
- Utilises problem solving methods, communication skills to provide support to other internal departments in resolving open issues and to assist in continuous improvement of quality and productivity.
- Actively participate in QSHE initiatives.
- Promote corporate work ethics, teamwork, and flexibility with all team members to develop a continuous improvement culture.
Desirable Skills and Experience.
- Previous experience in a similar role including Inventory Management.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems (Infor, SAP, Epicor).
- Analytical Planning ability.
- Good Interpersonal skills.
- Planning & Strategy experience.
- Previous experience with SAGE (nice to have for short term – migrating AWAY from this system).
- Manufacturing background.
- Experience with NPI and Research and Development Programmes.
- Proficiency in MS Excel (expert skills would be good).
- Able to create reports from raw data ( SQL, via CRYSTAL or similar).
- MCIPS or Logistics qualification (or working towards).