Founded in 2019, we are building electric trucks specifically to be used in and around cities and urban areas. The company’s ambition is to remove tailpipe emissions, reduce city pollution, and completely redesign the vehicle to make it significantly safer – for drivers as well as pedestrians and cyclists. We are a small and tight knit team wanting to work with those who share our passion, our values and our drive to make city centres safer and cleaner.
You will define and document a product development process appropriate to the needs of Volta Trucks, then take the lead in applying that methodology to planning and managing each project. You will assist in the creation of functional plans for each area, ensuring consistency and completeness and helping the teams to deliver to target throughout each programme. You will be instrumental in setting up and managing a Product Data Management structure and team, using appropriate methods and based on a standard PLM system implementation.
The scope of this will include all vehicle systems and components across all projects.
• Develop and Own the NPI process for Volta Trucks
• Produce and maintain the master project schedule
• Act as consultant and supports the functional teams in ensuring their plans support the programme
• Plan and control the implementation of the product data management system to deliver a configurable bill of materials through the development programme and into series production
• Implement release and change control systems
• Recruit, lead and develop a small team required to deliver the above
Qualifications and Experience
• 10 years+ experience in a leading programme engineering role in automotive/engineering sector, with extensive low-volume experience
• University degree in a relevant engineering topic
• Hands-on approach to engineering, practical and enthusiastic
• Strong communication skills and fluent in English
• Strong team leadership and interpersonal skills, cross cultural understanding, organizing and coordinating ability
• Ability to drive and complete tasks independently, task oriented and high attention to detail
• Ability to work in a complex and ambiguous environment
• Positive and passionate, good team player