Passive Safety Attribute Leader
Contract - £28 - £32ph
To deliver Passive Safety attribute performance for a vehicle model line, ensuring both program targets and legislative requirements are met. To act as 1st point of contact for program application teams for safety and restraints content. To represent Safety and Restraints team at program application reviews and gateways.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Lead cross-functional Safety Attribute Team.
- Establish and confirm vehicle, system and component level safety targets.
- Lead performance delivery of Passive Safety attribute to targets.
- Drive engineering issues resolution to meet targets within programme constraints.
- Set and manage programme budgets.
- Liaise with internal and external CAE partners.
- Manage Safety attribute related DVP and timing.
- Represent Passive Safety and Restraints team at program application team reviews.
- Manager Safety and Restraints KPI’s (e.g. Change management) on specific vehicle applications.
- Co-ordinate and Conduct safety attribute related testing (including full vehicle, sub-system and component testing).
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good Engineering degree (or equivalent) minimum 2.1.
- Experience in Passive Safety related development & testing.
- Experience in the use of CAE with regards to Passive safety development.
- Experience of Passive Safety attribute / integration / systems development.
- Extensive knowledge of worldwide automotive regulations (ECE/FMVSS).
- Intuitive knowledge of fundamental mechanical engineering theory.
- Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of MS word/Excel.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Experience and proven track record of leadership within Passive Safety Attributes.