My client based in Yorkshire are a worldwide leading manufacturer in commercial vehicle warning and safety products.
The company has recently relocated to a new bespoke facility based in Leeds.
Due to growth they are recruiting for an Operations Director.
Managing of the EMEA Region Operation which includes direct labour, direct material, and overhead expenses. The major functions managed are:
• Supply Chain (Purchasing)
• Quality (Supplier quality, Quality control, Quality assurance)
• Materials (Receiving, Shipping, Warehousing and Logistics)
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The major emphasis is in this role is the total cost of the product (product cost, logistic and warranty) to improve the gross margin while maintaining and improving product / supplier quality, reliability and on-time delivery.
• This Operations Director is key in identifying and executing cost savings opportunities to drive gross margin improvements. These improvements are in the areas of material cost, labour efficiency improvements, over-head cost control and logistics.
• The post holder will also have indirect responsibility for working on company NPI’s. We introduce many new products every year, and this position (and their team) contributes to these new products with supply chain and manufacturing support.
• The Company makes 80%+ of our products at CM’s and ODM’s, so the Operations Director will help manage this responsibility along with the Global VP of Operations.
• We like to say we “source globally, but purchase locally”. This means we try to use the same suppliers as a group and leave it to each site around the world to manage their local needs through these suppliers.
• Interaction with our other sites in the Australia, St. Louis, Boise and China are key because we all share products, suppliers, etc.
• The business ships 90%+ of orders to customers in two days (from time of order). We have constantly shifting customer needs, so the post holder must have the ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time.
Experience & Qualifications:
• BSc/BA in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or similar or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• P&L management including all elements of gross margin.
• At least 10 years’ experience managing supply chain, purchasing, logistics, quality and manufacturing operations.
• Electronics manufacturing background.
• Logistics management and contract negotiation including inbound ocean, LTL, small parcel, and out-bound distribution centre knowledge. Prior inventory management responsibility.
• All round knowledge of Industrial Engineering, Human Resources and employee relations skills.
• Must be PC proficient and have the ability to present functional specifications to IT and Engineering departments.
• Prior experience managing a quality organization with experience with the requirements of ISO-9001, Underwriters Laboratories, SAE and world class quality management.