Technical Support, Installation & Commissioning Engineer - Worldwide/Offshore Travel
|Job Title:||Technical Support, Installation & Commissioning Engineer - Worldwide/Offshore Travel|
|Salary:||Up to £35k basic + Travel Allowances + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2021 08:40|
This client is looking for an Electronics Engineer who can provide a world class technical support, installation and commissioning service to its customers. You’ll cover the full range of products and be expected to travel to customers worldwide, both onshore and offshore. This could be up to 140 days a year and often at short notice. You could be away for a few days or 2-3 weeks at a time. The role is primarily for service visits to support customers and equipment in the use of the equipment.
When not travelling, you’ll be expected to be in the office which is based near Farnborough. With travel allowances and bonuses you can expect to earn something in the £40-50k bracket.
This company has been at the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way employees are treated.
To apply you’ll need to demonstrate the following:
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Apprenticeship/HNC/HND or equivalent further education level relevant to country of education)
• A very strong engineering background in electronics and any mechanical / hydraulic understanding is beneficial but electronics is the main focus.
• Experience of installation, repair, service and commission of equipment interfacing with other products and systems
• An understanding of acoustics (sonar) is very beneficial but training will be provided
• Offshore experience is also beneficial
• Experience of installation, commissioning, customer support and service duties
• Awareness of basic mechanical engineering principles
• Up to date Offshore Survival Course certification & medical clearance
• Experience of offshore working eg confined spaces, inclement weather, sole operator, challenging customers, low housekeeping/cleanliness environments, varied cultural backgrounds etc
• Experience of fault diagnosis involving hardware and software
• Understanding and application of communication protocols RS232/RS485
• Working knowledge of test equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, cable testers
This position would suit an electronics engineer who enjoys travelling around the globe, often at short notice, providing service and support to customers working in the oil and gas sector.
• Excellent Travel Allowances
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Life Assurance x6 of salary
• Heath Cover
• Time in lieu
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's