Our client is a Global Provider of underwater acoustic, inertial, optical and sonar technology located in Yateley, Hampshire.
They have a new opportunity for an Offshore Field Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis.
As the Offshore Field Engineer you will provide accurate and thorough world class technical support across the full range product portfolio (Install, commission service & repair) delivered to all external customers worldwide both onshore and offshore in a safe manner at all times.
You will assist in the Company’s internal training, product development and commercial processes with product familiarisation to fellow Company colleagues, providing feedback on product performance and identification of new sales opportunities, resulting in increased levels of business and the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
Travel - Worldwide coverage with an average 120 days per year offshore, often deploying at short notice.
When onshore you will provide technical expertise, in the form of support telephone calls and electronic system support direct to customers and internal resources such as Sales, Engineering, Regional Offices, etc.
To be considered for this position you will hold similar experience of installation, repair, service and commission of equipment interfacing with other products and systems, including fault diagnosis involving hardware and software.
You must also demonstrate -
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (Apprenticeship/HNC/HND or equivalent further education level relevant to country of education)
- Awareness of basic mechanical engineering principles
- Up to date Offshore Survival Course certification
- Up to date medical clearance for offshore working
- Basic understanding of acoustic principles and effects of various aspects on acoustic product performance
- Experience of offshore working eg confined spaces, inclement weather, sole operator, challenging customers, low housekeeping/cleanliness environments, varied cultural backgounds etc
- Ability to work in confined spaces and on a sea-based operation without severe personal effects
- Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of relevant safe-working practices and vigilant operation within Health & Safety systems of work
- Understanding and application of communication protocols RS232/RS485
- Working knowledge of test equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, cable testers
If you feel this matches your current experience please get in touch to discuss further