NX CAD Engineer
£26p/h + Overtime paid at £39p/h
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- CAD design and modelling of interior/exterior trim components.
- Management of created CAD into Teamcentre ensuring all model attributes are completed.
- Preparation of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of lead project engineer on a day to day basis.
- Take CAD designs from concept to finished model and produce finished drawings forengineering release where applicable.
- Support and/or investigate resolution of build issues during pre-production builds and launch phase
- Support cost down activities on current production vehicles.
Background and Experience
- Educated to HNC or equivalent within an engineering related discipline with automotive experience in component design
- Experienced NX user including complex surfacing, preferred (other software will require training and clawback)
- Experience using Teamcentre
- Knowledge of interior/exterior trim components.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing and tooling requirements.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent with PC applications including Microsoft excel and Microsoft project.
- Have ability to prioritise and multitask between multiple projects simultaneously
- Be self-motivating and self-managing. Pro-active. Positive. Energetic personality and flexible regarding working practice and working hours.
- Ability to work well within a team environment is essential
- Be able to travel abroad, typically a few days to 2 weeks, but on rare occasions travel may be long distance and or at short notice.