At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
In this role you’ll be providing support to production in the continuing manufacture of existing products, including first point of contact for all production issues, general test procedures/methods, test fixtures and problem solving. This will include assisting with the testing of new designs, working closely with NPI and Quality Engineers to ensure design for manufacture and design for test best practice is adopted on new designs. You’ll be the first point of contact for all production issues and the communication bridge between Production and Engineering design teams.
Preferred Graduate level including the following disciplines: Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mathematics and Physics.
Experience in some of the following areas is required:
• Use of Quality tools: 8D, Root cause analysis, 5y's, etc.
• Focus on lean / waste reduction
• Interrogating Schematics
• Reviewing BOM's
• Working with ERP system
• Communicating well with all areas of the business
• Proven track record of diagnostic fault finding down to component level
• Analogue and digital electronic hardware design
• Design for Test/Manufacture (DFT, DFM)
• New Product Introduction (NPI) Continuous Improvement
• 25 days holiday
• Excellent Pension
• Death in Service x6
• Health Cover
• Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%)
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)