NPI Manufacturing Engineer
|Job Title:||NPI Manufacturing Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £50k + Bonus + Benefits Package|
|Contact Name:||David Watts|
|Job Published:||July 25, 2019 15:15|
Great time to join an expanding company developing some of the very latest technology used to support electric vehicles. This position requires a proactive engineer to work alongside the design teams and use DFM & DFA techniques to ensure the product is suitable for high volume automotive customers. You will be responsible for the specification, selection, project management and commissioning of Capex machinery for production.
This role reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader and is based in the UK with an occasional requirement for national and international travel, primarily to China/Europe.
• Attending design reviews, influencing designs for manufacture
• Developing manufacturing processes and carrying out pilot builds
• Working with external suppliers to deliver high volume solutions to production
• Carrying out PFMEA, work instructions, production layouts and costings
• Generating machine specifications, assisting with supplier selection for Capex items
• Project managing POP to automation with third parties, including commissioning and sign off to Production.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience
• Experience of implementing DFM&A in NPD environment
• Track record working with suppliers, specifying, approving, developing and commissioning machines
• Knowledge of electric motors
• Manufacturing process research and development
• Continuous improvement, green or black belt
• Product design and development
• Project management PMI certification
This would suit an Engineer with an automotive background who has knowledge of PPAP and is able to introduce volume manufacturing and NPI. Design for manufacture is very important – in fact this is probably the most important part of the position.
• Discretionary Bonus - up to 15%
• Life Assurance
• Pension Scheme
• Private Healthcare
• Share Options
• Learning & Development
• Relocation package if required
The client has a forward thinking, professional and open culture and are looking for likeminded individuals who can add value to the company.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£28-33k + Bonus + Benefits
Manufacturing Engineer - Automotive / Motorsport
Competitive + benefits
Manufacturing Engineering Manager - Automotive / Motorsport
Competitive + benefits
£35-50k + Benefits