One of our clients in West London is actively looking for 2 NPI Design Managers as they continue to expand their operations, and I wondered if you are considering alternative options at the moment.
This role will manage a growing team of design engineers. The team will sit within the Tooling and Equipment department and will be responsible for the design, manufacture and sourcing of tooling and equipment for use in production. As the company grows, the departments for current products and new products will be split, with the chance to grow and develop your team further.
The company is experiencing unprecedented demand for their consumer products at the moment so it’s a great time to join and help them expand. They are offering up to £55k + a nice benefits package and a 9 day fortnight.
We are ideally looking for these skills and experience:
• A degree in Engineering or a similar related field is essential.
• At least 3 years’ managerial experience in design and manufacturing.
• Able to demonstrate successful design projects that have been implemented in industry
• Experience in mechanical design and engineering, especially in implementing jigs, fixtures and tooling solutions.
• Proficient in 3D CAD software, especially SolidWorks (other software accepted), to produce intelligently modelled parts, assemblies and engineering drawings.
• A practical understanding of modern manufacturing processes such as automation, CNC, digitally controlled equipment, CMM or robotics.
• Experience in applying lean principles and other manufacturing theories.
• A hands-on practical approach.
• Project management skills and the ability to influence projects across different departments.
• Excellent emotional intelligence and communication skills; the ability to work effectively with a wide range of characters and departments.
• 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, rising the longer you stay
• Pension Scheme
• Season Ticket Loan
• Childcare Vouchers
• Flexible Working,
• Cycle to Work Scheme