At the forefront of subsea innovation for the last 40 years, this company is an independent manufacturing business, employing almost 300 employees worldwide. The company offers interesting engineering challenges that require complex solutions and as such staff turnover is low due to the nature of the work and the way people are treated.
Working in a team of 4 and reporting to the Purchasing Manager, we are looking or an experienced NPI Buyer who can manage the purchasing process for Electro Mechanical products, ordering up to 30 items a day in some instances.
You’ll be ordering Prototype Mechanical Parts, Fabrications, Tooling/Jigs, Electronic items and other Miscellaneous parts required for Engineering, Facilities, Production Projects, R&D Projects and/or Sales Order Demand, this will also include non-stock items.
Obtaining quotations, analysing, placing orders & chasing outstanding items with suppliers will be part of your daily remit.
Sourcing, Evaluating and developing new supplier capabilities in line with the Company’s expansion into new products and processes will also be part of your role. You should be interested in managing supplier relationships, using supplier performance management tools, which may include supplier dashboards/KPI measurement as well as regular visits to existing and new UK suppliers.
Internally you’ll represent the Purchasing Department in Engineering/NPI Meetings, communicating any required actions back to the Purchasing Team and working with the relevant stakeholders in these meetings to suggest ideas for improvement to process, manufacture and cost down activities.
We are ideally looking for a Buyer with the following experience and qualifications:
• CIPS qualification desirable
• Knowledge and practical experience of MRP systems essential (Syspro would be ideal but not essential)
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electronic drawings with a good understanding of engineering materials and processes essential
• Knowledge of manufacturing methods and processes, for both Mechanical and Electronic parts.
• IT literate, with the ability to utilise the MS Office suite including Outlook and Word. Excel knowledge essential.
• Knowledge of Project Management, NPI and Prototype processes
• Considerable experience of purchasing within a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrable experience in the procurement of Mechanical and Electronics parts, including R&D Parts, Prototype, First Time Production Build and NPI.
This position would suit an experienced Buyer who has excellent organisational skills, is customer orientated, persuasive, analytical and works well under pressure. A driving licence is essential.
25 days holiday, Pension, Death in Service, PHI, Bonus - PRP (not guaranteed but has historically paid between 5-18%).
Hours of work are 8.30 – 5pm (flexitime available)